Character Creation is a new feature in The Surge 2 that allows players to fully customize their character. Players may select their gender, looks and background, providing a more intimate experience for those wishing to Roleplay.
Character Creation in The Surge 2
The Character Creation panel allows the player to fully customize how the character looks and its background. Customization includes gender, hair, skin, face shape, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, ears and outfit.
Player can choose from 6 different backgrounds. Depending on the chosen background some dialogs may vary when talking to NPCs. Each background also comes with a pre-set customized appearance. This can be edited after selecting the background.
- Mining Wars Veteran: Suppressing a worker's revolt on the lunar colony has left its mark on you. Having been exposed to toxic substances and suffering from PTSD, a taxpayer-funded first class flight to Jericho City's re-deployment center was the least they could do for you. Earth has you back.
- Search and Rescue Officer: Despite a world in turmoil first aid companies like yours can still fail, especially after the public-private A.I.D. Response was created to take over. Luckily there are looking for capable staff and sponsored your first-class flight to a job interview in Jericho City.
- CREO-certified Heavy Operator: Being a human forklift has its limits in terms of career opportunities, and after losing all your savings in three lawsuits against the company, you've finally been granted a CREO-paid first class flight to begin your new life. A new job will be waiting for you, and you fought hard to get it.
- CREO-certified Field Technician: Repairing robots day in, day out ensured a safe job as a hardware and software expert… This is, until an advanced AI protocol made your position redundant. Luckily for you, CREO sponsored a first-class flight to Jericho to help a loyal ex-worker to find a new assignment.
- Former Arms Smuggler: There was only one way to break the vicious cycle that had become your life: Spending all the money you set aside over the years for this one ticket, to bring you to the other end of the world where you hope that grass is greener… or at least, that there will be grass at all.
- Corporate Middle Manager: Society might change but somebody always need to run the numbers and keep the board happy. Jobs are rare, so once again you didn't dare to complain after you were relocated to Jericho City from the other end of the world without much more than a day's notice. At least it's a first class flight.
Here you can customized hair related options such as:
- Hairstyle: You can select from 12 different hairstyles
- Hair Color: You can select from 16 different hair colors
- Facial Hair (Only Available for Male characters): You can select from 8 different facial hair options.
Here you can choose you age and skin color.
- Age: Select from 8 pre-defined age options (younger to older)
- Skin Color: Select from 8 different skin colors
Here you can customize how the character face looks.
- Cheek Structure: Select one of 8 different cheek structures
- Chin Shape: You can select from 8 different chins
- Fullness: You can select 8 types of fullness affecting the width of the face
Here you can customize the eyes shape and color:
- Eyelid Shape: Select from 8 different eyelid shapes
- Iris Color: Select from 12 different eye colors.
Here you can customize the shape and color of the eyebrows
- Eyebrow Shape: Select one of 8 different shapes
- Eyebrow color: Select one of 16 different colors.
Here you can select from 8 different nose types
Here you can select one of 8 different mouth shapes
Here you can select one of 8 different ear shapes
Here you can select from 8 different type of Outfits
molly will sell different implant each character type
So i made a "field technician" and when i got to the Octopus there was a merchant called Molly, she showed me her "special" wares.
Just letting y'all know that background does seem to matter. I chose the moon veteran and I had some merchants comment on it and they sold the space suit pieces from the surge 1.