New Player Help for The Surge 2 can be found here. Tips on how to get started and beginning concepts are listed on this page.
- Walkthrough: The Surge 2 from start to finish
- New Game Plus: What happens once you beat the game.
- Weapons: Check out a list containing all weapons in game and how to acquire them
- Gear: A list of available gear and where you can obtain it. This also includes Sets.
- Implants: A list of all available Implants and where you can obtain them.
- Story: Understand the time period and setting of The Surge 2
- Controls: An overview of the game's default controls for each platform.
- Combat: An explanation of the basic combat features.
- Stats: An explanation of all the stats and how they impact your character and enemies
- Bosses: A list with all Bosses explaining how to defeat them.
New Player Help Information
Movement and Actions
Use the designated buttons to move around. (See the controls page for full control configuration.)
Push the walk button to walk.
When you approach something you can interact with, the action button will appear on the screen. Hold it down to interact with the object.
Stats in The Surge 2 are player attributes that represent its offensive and defensive capabilities as well as determining what items it can equip.
- Weapons in The Surge 2 are equipment that players use to deal damage to enemies. There are ten main categories of weapons, which can be swapped on the fly via the game's systems, and upgraded to enhance their capabilities.
- Gear in The Surge 2 are categorized as Armor and are both protective gear and looks customization for the player's character. They can also be equipped together in Sets providing additional bonuses.
Implants use Power Consumption in order to be equipped and are divided in two categories:
- Injectables: They consume 1x Battery and provide health replenish or buffs. If you already full health or you already have the buff, you can spend energy to store charges for later use.
- Boosters: They provide with passive abilities or buffs when equipped.
Medbay are the checkpoints of The Surge 2, but they also serve other useful purposes. When the player encounters a new Medbay, they need to active it to serve as the new respawn point if the player should die. They also allow you to Craft and Upgrade your Weapons, Gear and Implants.
When you die, all the Tech Scrap you possess will remain on the spot, and you'll return to the last Medbay you used. There is a timer displayed in the top left corner. If the times runs out, the Tech Scrap will be lost permanently. Defeating an enemy will add 20s to the timer. Being close to your lost Tech Scrap will slowly heal you, picking it up will fully replenish your health.